would it mess the boiler up?

mst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks,

im normally posting on the electrics side but i need to question my mates deision.

I have a new heatline boiler i brought,and a chap who ive been working onsite with for a while is fitting it and a good rate as long as i change his consumer unit for him. :rolleyes: :)

He has put the boiler in ,and said he will connect it tommrow so i can have the hot water on the system but the radiaters he will fit in 2 weeks time or so.

is it ok to fire up the boiler with out filling it on the central heating side and putting furnox in?

also i thought you had to pressure up the flow and return?

Thoughts from the experts please? ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes you do need the primary side to be pressurised.

The best temp way round it would be to just loop the HTG pipes about a meter from the boiler. Obviously incorporating the filling loop aswell if its not built in.

If it has a built in filling loop and an internal auto btpass then I think it should be ok.

If it has neither of these then do as rob says.

I always recommend the pipe incase it has some sort of heat dump :)

Sponsored Links
I was just comparing it to the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 800 range where you can run it just as a water heater with no ch pipe work attached.

That was quick thanks and next question,

i take it will loop it by the boiler when when pressured up will it still need to be flushed and fernoxed up do you think? And then redone when the radiators are put on?

cheers in advance chaps,and for answering the OP ;)

No, no need, just make sure it is flushed properly once the rads are on.

the heat-lines don't have a built-in filling loop and the internal by-pass for the ch is ran back through the dhw hx if anyone whats to know

Cheers mehran; will it be safe to use as op wants without any pipes on the F & R ?

Just for my knowledge ;)

If his mate is doing it on the side then he is unlikely to be able to notify CORGI unless he is registered himself.

As long as the boiler does not show any signs of overheating then it should be OK with no heating circuit.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back