Zone CH from Biasi Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

i have a Biasi Grada Plus HE32 runing in my home. I am going to have an extention built and want to have a seperate CH zone in there.

as it stands i have a room stat connected to the relevent terminals in the boiler. if i want 2 zones how would i go about;

1. connecting the 2 required room stats,

2. controlling the 2 in number zone valves that i would need?

It is easy to access all the pipe work, so that will not be a problem it is just getting the control aspect sorted.

hope someone can help.

kind regards

Sponsored Links
The main think to remember is that you MUST not put 230v into the control connections on the boiler.

You will either need a relay(s) or if you are clever and use the right motor valves you can connect them in a volts free mode.

Tony

I would use a standard honeywell wiring centre and connect all the wires up neatly in this. The switched live to the boiler that Tony says must not be 230V, I would run to a 'contactor' rather than a relay, then the other side of the contactor to the boiler switched live connection.

I find contactors easier as they are not restrictive on what volts go through each side, unlike a relay that would have to be specified to your required voltages.

Dave, using those words is liable to help him blow up his boiler!

This boiler does not have a "switched live". It just has TWO wires which must be joined for heat output but must NEVER be connected to anything else!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes Tony, but the feed from the orange zone valve wires is switched live at 230V to the contactor..

I assumed he had understood from your reply that no 230V was to go back to the boiler.

If op can't understand basic wiring and/or terminology or posted replies, should ne really be contemplating doing it in the first place :rolleyes:

I assume this is the same as the Ideal mini series for volt free external controls?

But you can disconnect the 230v which would feed the orange. I think the name of the colour begins with "G" but I will not write it in full in case I am wrong.

With the motor valve microswitch isolated then you can connect it as a no volts contact to the boiler.

As you say though, he does not seem to have enough knowledge of wiring to be able to do it safely and a new boiler PCB is about £100 a time!

Tony

I see what you mean now Tony. Never thought of doing it that way. Again I've learn't something new.

I suppose you would need 2 wiring centres, one 230V and the other volt free, so no one in the future could get it muddled up?

thank you both for your replies.

where would i aquire the said relays or contactors?

i do have a knowledge of wiring and circuit diagrams. once i get hold of some of those items will it be clearer to me how it connects? would one of you be able to provide a diagram?

all help is very welcome

regards

I have now got all the bits required to do the job. As you both said it will be easy to connect up using the Aux connection on the valve.

Thanks again

Darran

gas4you said:
I suppose you would need 2 wiring centres, one 230V and the other volt free, so no one in the future could get it muddled up?

I would only use one wiring centre as the voltages on the Biasi thermostat connections are at mains potential even though they must not be connected to any other mains supply. So the shock danger still applies.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back