Mira Advanced Atl tripping

Sorry for thr delay, couple of days in the office so jot had a chance to check.

Just looked and the inside the switch looks a bit chard...not like it has been arcing, but the insulation/leads to the light in the switch look brown/discoloured. This could be down to age of switch and the insulation discoloring over time or is this in fact an issue and signs that it should be replaced...? To be fair, it is the only thing that Hasn't been changed so far, so prolly wouldn't hurt to change it.... Right....?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, if there's evidence of burning of the conductors they should be cut back to good copper

OK, so finally got an opportunity to change the switch earlier today.... Whilst I don't want to tempt fate and celebrate too much just yet, the misses DID just manage to have a shower with no tripping!

When I was taking the switch off, the 'crispy'/chard/aged insulated cable to give power to the led bulb on the switch came away in my hand. Suspect this was the issue. Like I said, seem OK now (touch wood). Maybe I should've just checked d the switch before swapping out all the rest of the shower! Live n learn huh...! On the plus side though.... I do now have a enough spares to keep the shower running until such time that the shower gets pulled out and replaced (hopefully within next yeah or so....!)

Thanks for the advice and assistance!

Cheers for the update. Maybe worth going for a low pressure model next time, electric showers are never that great though!

Sponsored Links
I am guessing that the unit is overheating because the flow rate is too slow as you are using it on a tank fed supply instead of a mains pressure supply.

In addition it may be slower still due to dirt in the filter which is quite likely when suplied from a loft tank.

However you seem to imply that it is tripping an MCB which trips due to over current. I do not see any reason for an over current to occur. The unit should have adequate temperature control to interrupt the supply if the water is getting too hot.

You seem to be saying that the isolation switch was charred. That could be the cause of an over current. And if so could easily have caused a fire.

Cheers for the update. Maybe worth going for a low pressure model next time, electric showers are never that great though!
The whole bathroom should go within the next year or so... The house was bought as a 'do'er upper' and the original intention was do it up fairly quickly... Due to changes in circumstances, here we are nearly 6 yrs later still limping along with the same cr*ppy bathroom, the same cr*ppy kitchen and no extention/garage conversion in sight! That should change towards end of the year tho, as other half can come onto mortgage with me and we can get the additional borrowing required to sort it all out... Hopefully this time next year we should be well on the way to a fully refurbed house (and a decent power shower, running off a combi boiler....!)

(and a decent power shower, running off a combi boiler....!)

Could be a few issues there!

I was asked by this nice lady about 90 y.o. why her shower was not very good.

I showed her that her shower was designed for 14 litres per minute.

But her combi boiler could only deliver about 9 litres per minute. And even less in winter when the incoming water was less that 10 degrees!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back