Peugeot brake pedal rubbers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2004 Peugeot 307cc petrol car.

I have ordered two sets of pedal rubbers from different on line sellers but both have sent exactly the same rubbers which are both too small.

Can anyone suggest how i can get the correct ones?

I need an MOT soon. How is the tester likely to react to no rubbers?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Loads of sporty cars don’t have rubbers, they have holes.
So I guess you could just trim the sides off the wrong rubbers and glue them on?

Obviously the correct ones are best

I got an advisory on the HRV because the clutch pedal rubber had nearly a hole in it....apparently that can be a fail.
Use a genuine dealer fitment.
John

Sponsored Links
I have ordered two sets of pedal rubbers from different on line sellers but both have sent exactly the same rubbers which are both too small.

Are you sure they really are to small? I replace mine, not a Peugeot, many years ago, they were a really tight fit, not all easy to get on. .

Ok so I use it for motorcycle rubber, but try a mug of boiling water.
The rubber is obviously waterproof but bunging it in a mug of boiling water will soften it and all the water simply flicks off.
It makes fixing tight rubber to metal parts much easier.

Dealer or maybe find someone who is breaking one on eBay, and ask for photos of the rubber before they send it.

You don't actually need rubbers. Try these:

IMG_6367.png

Well the car is designed to be a bit sporty and the pedals have holes in them.

I did have another of the same model and neither of them came to me with rubbers!

But how could I get a manufacturers statement that they are not designed to have rubbers?

Well the car is designed to be a bit sporty and the pedals have holes in them.

I did have another of the same model and neither of them came to me with rubbers!

But how could I get a manufacturers statement that they are not designed to have rubbers?

The advice in the MOT inspection manual seems to give you quite a lot of leeway:

1715075508094.png

Thanks for that.

Seems as if I should take a copy to Hassan in case he is worried about it.

Yes thanks, those look just like my feet.

Those cars mostly seem to have sold to women.

Mine has a 2 litre engine and can accellerate quite nicely if I need to get away from anything.

Sponsored Links
Back