Shared Water Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a 1950's semi with a shared supply which comes in from next door. It's always bugged me that should there ever be an issue Severn Trent would not get involved beyond the supply boundary. I'm considering having the house connected directly and on the website, the other advantage would be getting rid of the lead pipes.

It seems to suggest Severn Trent will add a connection to my property boundary either for free or for an admin charge. However it goes on to suggest I need a Water Safe registered engineer to carry out the works form the boundary to where the stop tap needs to be.

I will need to get some quotes but any ideas on approximately how much I would expect to pay for the digging / laying of new pipes? Does my drive way need to be dug up or can they bore underground these days?

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
its worth you remembering you will then be on a water meter rather than assessed or rateable value levels
iff you have more rooms than people then a water meter may be good iff more people than rooms may not be financially good value

You would need to speak to Severn Trent to ascertain if they’ll accept moling, or use a water safe registered engineer who may know already. As for prices, it can vary.

Sponsored Links
Will give them a call and dig a bit deeper so to speak. :giggle:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back