Socket Cutout Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I was looking to install a new socket into plasterboard and in a moment of distraction (while marking the wall) I actually held the pattress box with the front side against wall instead of the recess area. Now the hole I cut is obviously too large, by exactly the amount of the overlap, so around 5mm. It's in an inconvenient location, which does not allow me to repair & close the hole and just cut a new one next to it.

Any suggestions on how I can patch and use the existing hole? There is one stud about 10cm away, but not sure if this is of any use.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fit a 2 + 1 dry line box? Or a dual box
Thanks very good idea, I actually have double socket on the other side, so perhaps I could just widen that hole and then the bulk of the box will beheld in place. And then the other side could fix a lath or so and the rest becomes a more manageable hole to fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back