100mm x 6 screws suitable for this TV ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gotta stick this TV a foot above the drawers in the middle. Think the walls are brick one skin deep. Will 100mm x 6 screws be good fixings for it? Or need thunder bolts?
20241007_202528.jpg
20241007_202459.jpg
20241007_202455.jpg
20241007_202414.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nearly all the weight is going down and TV don't weigh much.
That's more than enough screws.
I've got 3 x 50mm screws in red plugs holding my 55 inch plasma with glass screen so heavy and that's up on wall. Been there for 12 years.

my thoughts

if its brick then a minimum 2x brown plugs and 50mm x 4 or 4.5mm screws so you have 1.5"/38mm screw length into the 38mm plug in the wall so go for 4 then iff 2 are a poor to medium grip then the other 2 will be fine
i am assuming the ironwork off the bracket is around 12mm iff its say 6mm or less then 45mm long screws will be fine

Last edited:
The thickness of the plaster plus 40mm should be fine especially as there will be a number of fixing points. Use no 8 (4mm) screws.

Sponsored Links
Other issue. Kitchen is other side of brick wall so could be pipes/electrics. Maybe 70mm long 6mm thick screws so don't drill completely through bricks for 100mm ones into pipes other side. I'm using 8mm duo plugs (best on market).

why are you mentioning 70mm???
the plugs are 40mm deep say knocked 5mm below the surface to miss the plaster thats 45mm so screw head sitting on the face off the bracket is the bracket around 25mm thick??

why are you mentioning 70mm???
the plugs are 40mm deep say knocked 5mm below the surface to miss the plaster thats 45mm so screw head sitting on the face off the bracket is the bracket around 25mm thick??
I'm not sure thickness of bracket but thought deeper the stronger and wanted to go into brick for extra strength

the end off the screw floating in mid-air does nothing other than cause problems when it hits the wall and pushes the plug out or grounding stopping it tightening up making it weaker

there is also the chance it will shear when it hits the wall and the head gets twisted off as the weakest point

Last edited:
the end off the screw floating in mid-air does nothing other than cause problems when it hits the wall and pushes the plug out or grounding stopping it tightening up making it weaker

there is also the chance it will shear when it hits the wall and the head gets twisted off as the weakest point

When you say mid-air do you mean the gap between plaster and brick? I not sure where this gap is

Less than 10kgs

A single red rawlplug fixing, if adequately made, is rated around 80Kg. A number 8 screw, properly fixed, might snap at around 200Kg. If it is brick, with say 10mm of plaster on it's face - then allow 30 to 35mm of the screw into brick, and that should be more than adequate. 10mm + 30/35 = 40 to 45mm

When you say mid-air do you mean the gap between plaster and brick? I not sure where this gap is
you have a 40mm plug and want to use a 70mm screw you will need a gap to accommodate the excessive screw length poking out the back off the plug so an excessively deep hole other wise the jacking out head twisting off or screw grounding i mention about will probably happen

my suggestion drill a 55mm hole knock the plug in 5mm below the surface take a screw that equals the bracket thickness plus plug depth so assuming the bracket is 6mm thick plus 45mm plug gives you 51mm so a 50mm/2" screw is perfect
remember it fine for a screw to only penetrate 5 mm short [35mm] as the load is approaching zero when divided between 4 wall plugs

Last edited:
If you have a power socket on that wall, take it off and then you can measure the distance from the front of the plasterboard to the wall.

Then you can decide how long the screws need to be.

Before you drill, measure where your drilling to the end of the wall and look the other side to see if there is potentially any power cables or plumbing there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back