Adding a lock to an Ikea Pax wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add a lock to a an Ikea Pax wardrobe in a short-term let (i.e. AirBnB etc) and am struggling to find a decent looking lock for the purpose. I'd bought a cabinet lock but it's very flimsy; the wardrobe doesn't need to be secured like fort Knox but I'd like it to withstand a stiff breeze! This lock also doesn't come with a strike plate and would be mounted very close to the back of the door so I'd have to bodge something on both matters!

Can anyone suggest a slightly more robust solution which doesn't spoil the look of the front of the wardrobe?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2024-09-07 22.51.05.jpg
    2024-09-07 22.51.05.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-09-07 22.50.53.jpg
    2024-09-07 22.50.53.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 7
Sponsored Links
Anti child locks, uses a magnet to release, fitted internally , not visible from exterior, though you shouldn’t be leaving anything of value in air bnb.

Got a picture of where the lock will be going? Both door and frame?
Might help suggest a solution.

Sponsored Links
Pax wardrobe doors can be either sliding (making all locks shown so far useless) or hinged opening.

So unless the OP tells us which he has it's pointless just throwing ideas out there.

Camlocks

If it's a tall door, one high and one low.

Obtainable suited to same key which is convenient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back