Adding weather compensation and HW override to boiler?

I would have thought the TRV gives one a good idea what is going on. This Report full day.jpgis with no analogue control, on my oil boiler, one should get a smooth top with analogue control.

Sponsored Links
Thats where a smart meter really comes in, with it's indoor display, you can see exactly how much gas is being used from minute to minute.
Really, my electric smart meter shows either zero or export 80% of the time, and a gas one it seems only updates every ½ hour, so a bit useless really. I am sure one could look at the amount of condensate, I know it dumps in batches, but the more condensate the more efficient it is working.

But it is claimed the latent heat can account for 11% gain on boilers output. So that must be worth having. But it gets like electric smart meter watching, one sees one has gained x kWh, so 25th is last day shown, 7.02 kWh but rather useless as split tariff, so select £ and it shows £0.66 add standing charge and £1.25 spent, is it really worth worrying about switching off lights etc, when all I can save is 66p?

I now realise my error, I would run the central heating for 4 x 20 minute runs per week to get DHW in the summer, so approx 27 kWh to heat DHW, around £2 a week, the iboost+ inverter at £300 when saving at most £50 a year, looking at 7 years pay back time, is it really worth it?

For the heating to cost less, every room has a programmable TRV head, but to save money, one needs to close doors on the rooms, we are just snatching at ½ penny, yes I know look after the pennies and pounds look after themselves, but there has to be a limit.

So mother's gas boiler was circulating water cooler the more the by-pass valve opened, and hot water returned to the boiler, but we are clutching at the last 1 or 2% of saving by adding weather compensation, so maybe £12 a year, is it worth all the effort? The whole 11% is around £65 per year, so not worth spending very much on weather compensation.

So mother's gas boiler was circulating water cooler the more the by-pass valve opened, and hot water returned to the boiler, but we are clutching at the last 1 or 2% of saving by adding weather compensation, so maybe £12 a year, is it worth all the effort? The whole 11% is around £65 per year, so not worth spending very much on weather compensation.

It does also mean, that your heating can respond to the cooling outdoor atmosphere, too. Effort, what effort? It took me just a minute, to add the wireless outdoor unit. I bought the entire control kit, for £140, and it was actually much simpler to do the basic install, than it would have been to install a conventional control system. Deciding on the configuration, took rather longer, but I was able to do that, from a comfortable chair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back