Adhesive thickness

Just speaking with floor fitter and he says 3 to 4mm if adhesive will be sufficient
Can anyone advise if this isposdibleto achieve and what notch size would give me 3 to 4mm offinal adhesive thickness

Sponsored Links
Just speaking with floor fitter and he says 3 to 4mm if adhesive will be sufficient
Can anyone advise if this isposdibleto achieve and what notch size would give me 3 to 4mm offinal adhesive thickness

I don't know the answer to your question, sorry. I am however slightly confused. Are you asking how to accurately gauge the thickness of the pre-bed that you want want to lay? Why is the floor fitter unable to advise you further? I am guessing that the tiler could double butter the tiles if need be, but I can see why he would want a level surface to work off.

Sponsored Links
Sorry bud your answers confuse me

Sorry, my bad, I intended to say that if you run the trowel at 45 degrees.. you will end up with 7mm. In practice, yeah most of us tilt the trowel slightly, but 45 degrees makes a lot of difference.

Apologies for the confusion.

Terms such as "double butter" are references to the tiler applying notched adhesive to both the tile and substrate. Again, sorry for any confusion.

10mm notched trowel, place adhesive on the floor, then back butter the tiles with a thin layer of adhesive using the straight edge of the trowel, then tap down the tiles to the level you want. Adjust the angle of the trowel as appropriate as mentioned by the others

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back