ADT branded Honeywell Galaxy G2 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

I was wondering please if I could be given advice regarding an ADT branded Honeywell Galaxy G2 alarm installation at our property.

We moved in 10 years ago but rarely used the alarm and don't know the reset codes.

About 3 years ago the alarm on the external wall started sounding at 2 in the morning, I believe it was because one of the rechargeable batteries in the system had failed.

I took down the power to the alarm at the consumer unit, this also powered the doorbell, and went up a ladder to the external bell box and disconnected the wire to the terminal named "bell,"

All been well until now, we are in the process of selling the house and I want to get the alarm working again. I bought and fitted new rechargeable batteries, reconnected the "bell" wire at the bell box , put the power to the system back on and waited.

The external bell rang for 20 minutes then stopped yet there is a constant beeping indoors from the system and the keypad read " Alert Enter Code".
I enter codes that we were given by the previous occupants, and any we would regularly use, but no success. I keep getting an error message stating " Invalid Code". I'm stuck .

I realise it is going to cost me but who do I call to get me back to a state where I can properly use the alarm again
Is it Honeywell, ADT or an alarm fitter that may deal in other brands. Or an electrician?
I guess they are going to have to reset the system and start afresh .

Thanks all, really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back