Advice on pitch of dormer roofs already built

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1728206481358.png

please see pic.
The pitch is an issue apparently:

We used Redlands black concrete tiles

Any advice to remedy this most appreciated as the pitch isnt 30 degrees and we dont really want to take the dormer roof off as we are already over budget! The pitch is around 10-15 degrees apparently & could lead to water ingress?

Sponsored Links
View attachment 357951
please see pic.
The pitch is an issue apparently:

We used Redlands black concrete tiles

Any advice to remedy this most appreciated as the pitch isnt 30 degrees and we dont really want to take the dormer roof off as we are already over budget! The pitch is around 10-15 degrees apparently & could lead to water ingress?
Plains should never have seen the light of day, on those dormers. Very amateurish. They should be flatties, ideally.

I don’t understand why the roofer went ahead with it or the chippies who pitched it

Even more surprised the builder didn’t pick it up early on….it’s a basic…..mind you I guess it was the architects fault, it’s easy to draw things that look nice…until the reality of insulation gets in the way

Anyway, it’s done now. I wish there was some solutions to remedy without a strip off, but I really can’t think of any.

• Material: Concrete
  • Colour: Black (smoothfaced)
  • Size: 266 x 165mm (10.5" x 6.5")
  • Minimum Pitch: 35°
  • Covering capacity: 60 tiles/m²
  • Pallet Quantity: 768

From a spec​

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back