Air Bricks ventilation of airflow under new extension

Ideally the duct pipe should be below the slab, so that the slab remains in one piece. Or below the insulation if not.

But the position of the pipe is governed by how much space is available in the existing floor void.

foto_no_exif (22).jpg

Sponsored Links
Ideally the duct pipe should be below the slab, so that the slab remains in one piece. Or below the insulation if not.

But the position of the pipe is governed by how much space is available in the existing floor void.

View attachment 353949
The reality is, the vent duct will likely be somewhere between the hard core layer and the insulation. If you are lucky, then it will be wholly under everything.

I'm trying to get my head around this detail. When you say "put the new duct pipe through under the new floor" What layer of the floor build up would this duct pipe sit in? Surely cant go in the insulation layer as would be a cold bridge & assuming it wouldn't be cast into the slab also. If anyone has a section of this I would really appreciate it. Can find a lot of descriptions of this approach on these forums but no drawings/diagrams
We did a through duct recently...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back