Anorak hobbies

try caravaning you can do all those things posted :LOL: :LOL: even clarkson's mate hammon is turning to us :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I collected stamps when I was a kid - I learnt a hell of a lot about all sorts of subjects. It was good.

Now I collect mineral specimens. Their chemical make-up and the fact that some of them look very pretty really does it for me!

I also collect those tacky adverts you get in TV magazines and Saga magazine etc: "Simply Timeless Elvis Legend in Time Watch" and "Diana - Princess of Hearts Musical Bear".

I also collect those tacky adverts you get in TV magazines and Saga magazine etc: "Simply Timeless Elvis Legend in Time Watch" and "Diana - Princess of Hearts Musical Bear".

I think I'm gonna throw up.

Sponsored Links
Now I collect mineral specimens. Their chemical make-up and the fact that some of them look very pretty really does it for me!
I used to like making chemical gardens because of the fascination of watching the crystals growing and seeing all those colours developing over tme and how they'd turn out.
Unfortunately not easy to get the chemicals needed these days.

Does anyone remember Sea Monkeys? I always wanted some but never met anyone who got them, They were advertise in DC Comics.

They were only brine shrimp really.

military history, wood turning, allotments and i used to love making 1:35 military model kits, but havent done for about 20 years now.......hmmmmm

Does anyone remember Sea Monkeys? I always wanted some but never met anyone who got them, They were advertise in DC Comics.

They were only brine shrimp really.

Yes I had some in one of the chemistry labs I worked in.

How about you? Care to admit that you are an anorak in some way?

Not in the slightest, but my mate, the best friend anyone could possibly have, did. Ever since seeing Geller apparently bending forks in the 70's or early 80's, he (my friend), became convinced that he could move objects simply by staring at them. Indeed so obsessed was he that I decided to play a practical joke on him. In advance of him dropping in for a coffee on a Sunday, I attached a thread to the kitchen scissors which hung on a hook. While we were chatting and having our coffee, I pulled the thread and the scissors naturally started swinging. What I didn't realise, was that he was looking in the direction of the scissors when they started to swing and he immediately assumed that his staring had caused the scissors to move. I know I should have told him about the thread but he was so carried away that I didn't want to spoil it for him. Before he died 5 years later, he told that story, many, many, times always adding, when I was there, " Isn't that right Bolo?". I have never regretted agreeing that the 'event' was just as he described.

fishing,god i love my fishing.dont half get moody if i havent been for a week or so.
also love hooning round on my motorbike

fishing,god i love my fishing.dont half get moody if i havent been for a week or so.
also love hooning round on my motorbike

Agree with the fishing! Spent 2 weeks in summer chasing of of 6 fish in a huge resevoir.

Glad I caught one as the wife did not approve of my holiday choice!

And got in Anglers mail! Result

Dave

Ive just sussed the on off switch!...now...whats next.. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back