Another Galaxy 48 ADT reset / crash / factory default thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey DIYnot-ers,

I've seen several threads on here relating to the various ADT Galaxy 48 Galaxy Dimension 48 systems and ways to reset them.

Our situation is fairly typical, moved into a new premises where there is an ADT branded alarm system but I'm not prepared to pay them a load of cash for doing not a lot. I like understanding stuff like this and would like to take the opportunity to RTFM and set it up myself.

I've disconnected (after carefully photographing and labelling!) everything from the main board except for a single keyprox and have tried several combinations of;
isolate mains
remove cover
replace cover screw to push tamper switch
remove backup battery
remove cr2032 battery
links out zone 1 to 0v
link out bell tamper to ground
wait 10 mins
replace cr2032
replace backup
turn on mains

Each time the same thing seems to happen;
buzzer goes off and the top line of the display shows *'s
screen goes blank buzzer stops
screen displays "configuring please wait"
screen displays I get "press any key to setup" and an alternating beep starts
pressing any key takes you to a language selection page (esc here just seems to accept default)
I then get a "defaults" selection with 14 options
ADT Com UK
ADT Res UK
ADT Com IE
ADT Res IE
Sp
Portugal
Czech Rep
Slovakia
Hungary
Italy
Netherlands
NFa2p France
T014 Belgium

No matter which "default" I select I then find that entering the pin 12345 allows me to see the warnings and allows me to set and unset the system but does not let me access the engineer menu options. Entering 112233 ent gives me an "insufficient access rights" message.

So, it looks to me like I'm partly resetting (I believe in alarm parlance it's referred to as crashing) the system as it's asking for that initial setup but clearly as the first 4 menu options are ADT ones, it's not totally reset

Can someone point out the (probably obvious) thing that I'm missing.

Sponsored Links
Hey @sparkymarka, thanks for coming back to me (and for all the other advice you have given to others previously).

I was beginning to assume it was going to be something like that.... I'll hold fire and see if @GalaxyGuy appears at some point.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back