Any advice on how to get a secure door fitted quickly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I need to replace my front door because I was burgled a couple of days ago. I'd like to get it done quickly.

There's a company in London that does next day door replacements. They advertise what they describe as a solid hardwood security door. I asked them what type of wood they use and they said pine. So that's slightly confusing. It's quite pricey - around £2K for a plain door but it has 3 locks plus Birmingham bar and London bar.

Does that sound like a reasonable option? Or does anyone have any advice on getting a secure door fitted quickly.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would look for a PAS 24 rated door, pine is not hardwood so were the talking about the frame which is generally in hard wood.

Have used https://www.lathamssteeldoors.co.uk/security-front-doors/high-security-front-door/

in the past, pretty robust.

Whilst time would seem to be of the essence I would approach a local carpenter, even if you have been burgled what sits insitu can be beefed up , skinning up the door to the rear with some ply wood adding a couple of extra locks top and bottom does wonders in the short term.

If you have home insurance check what they will do, lots fit temporary steel doors whilst the original is replaced, bit after riot look but you will need a tank to get through them.

Latham doors are beasts compared with others, I think they do a fast track delivery option. I would add that you need a robust wall to fit them in because when you slam a steel door the whole wall shakes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back