Anyone used prop pals?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking about giving these a try. I think they only came out a couple of years ago. They can slip through a gap the size is a brick and have a handle on them at one end to wind it up the last bit rather than fight with the acrow handle. Just wondered if anything has any thoughts on them? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Its just a different style of needle, personally I prefer strongboys as you can drill out the mortar line without disturbing the brick course and if the you need to support the inner leaf and the brick / block is not line you can drill that and bash them in.

Not quite sure about the Acro handle, I would prefer one point of failure ie the acro screw which is pretty robust and in both cases you will need to wind up the acro into the shoe on the bottom of the prop.

The only benefit I can see is potentially it gives more free space under the hole.

Its just a different style of needle, personally I prefer strongboys as you can drill out the mortar line without disturbing the brick course and if the you need to support the inner leaf and the brick / block is not line you can drill that and bash them in.

Not quite sure about the Acro handle, I would prefer one point of failure ie the acro screw which is pretty robust and in both cases you will need to wind up the acro into the shoe on the bottom of the prop.

The only benefit I can see is potentially it gives more free space under the hole.
As it happens I've got that problem with the inner hollow blocks being no where near level with the outer brick wall. Was thinking I might have to find a tool that can cut the block neatly all the way through to match the arris of the brickwork. I am tempted by using strong boys on both walls but a lot of people have talked me out of it.

So, someone has made a needle out of metal and is touting it as some sort of brilliant idea?

Sponsored Links
As it happens I've got that problem with the inner hollow blocks being no where near level with the outer brick wall. Was thinking I might have to find a tool that can cut the block neatly all the way through to match the arris of the brickwork. I am tempted by using strong boys on both walls but a lot of people have talked me out of it.
Just drill a line of holes and bash the strongboy in then re mortar afterwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back