Are the electrics for my oven & combi ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have removed a range cooker which had a 10mm t&e cable supplied with a 32a MCB (and RCD protection). I have used this 10mm feed to power my combi microwave and separate oven.
The 2 appliances are 3.49kw and 3kw.

I have connected the 10mm t&e to a dual outlet cooker plate. From this plate I have heat resistant 4mm flex into 2 45a cooker switches (one for each appliance), could have done it the other way but didn't have the length in the 10mm cable to reach inside unit. From there the plan was to go with heat resistant 4mm flex into each appliance, however the combi already have a 2.5mm flex cable integrated and there is no way 4mm cable will fit in the oven. So I am now looking at getting some heat resistant 2.5mm flex for the oven so they will both be wires in 2.5mm flex.

Does this set up look ok? I know the 2.5mm cable is rated lower than the 32a MCB, but being fixed load appliances the 2.5mm section of cable cannot be subject to any higher load can it? 32a just about covered the 2 appliances together so that cannot be reduced.

Sponsored Links
Seems ok to me you wouldnt need 4mm anyway as the loads are only just over 13 amps.

Yeah it was more than 4mm can take over 32a which is the MCB size. 2.5mm cannot.

Sponsored Links
If you've still got doubts have a look at, John wards cooker diversity video on YouTube its an interesting watch and he explains it much better than I could.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back