Astra spanner light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2007 Astra with a spanner light on the dashboard. It's been there for around 7 months. Yesterday, it disappeared when a check engine light came on. I scanned the car for codes, and it gave me a P0171 code. I proceeded to clear the code and the spanner light appeared again on the dashboard with the check engine light gone.. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
A prolonged presence of P0171 may even result in damage to the catalytic converter, prompting the illumination of the engine management light on the instrument cluster.

Is this of any use to you, JS? :unsure:

Yeah, I'll see what I can do (if I've got the time.)

Do you know what I can do about the spanner light though? I want a light free dashboard :mrgreen:

I know jack about this sort of thing, but my reading of it would be "fix the cat, and (after clearing any outstanding codes) the lights will be gone".

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'll see what I can do (if I've got the time.)

Do you know what I can do about the spanner light though? I want a light free dashboard :mrgreen:

Vauxhalls, amongst others, spanner light is often illuminated by a fault being present. But because its a service light and not an EML it doesn't affect the MOT.

To remove the service light and/or the eml light you need to cure the fault and then the codes

Don't be misled by it being a service warning.

Back