Bad Week ...

Damocles said:
........ Box junctions are getting fuller too........
Don't know if this idea has been dropped, but traffic wardens are to be given powers to book vehicles in yellow box .... Ok, the idea of the box is good, the implementation not always so ... take a good look in future how many are placed a) Badly, cannot see if exit is clear. b) For other reasons .. I sometimes join a main road turning right at a T junction, a little yellow box exists only on the left side of main road ( my route ) So we use that box as a refuge for two cars (30 sec green light) In doing so we block only ourselves.
If the warden gets the power to book, no photo, just takes the number and you are notified via post !! A right f'ing rip off !!
Hows about you follow a car into box, straight ahead exit is clear no vehicle in sight .. but there are on-coming cars, car in front suddenly indicates right and rightly stops, wrongly in the box ... Warden spots you both and books you .. I would feel hard done by in second car.
Left in no-mans land by late signal from lead car.
P

Sponsored Links
"Its not true that Di has dyed" ... awight ? I dunno youth of today, cannot face the truth --- fantasy land !! ;)
The servants did most of the Di-ing.

planenut said:
jasy said:
The thing that caused the train to derail was hitting it at 100mph

Interim report?
With the weight of the train, and the speed of it, the position and weight of the car would not cause anything to have turned over. Maybe with a bogie straddling the rail after the collision, at the junction with the point, the bogie would have been forced to one side by the structure of the track, not the rail, with that weight and speed then overtaking it, causing the other carriages then to twist and flip. The car was left shortly after the crossing, no damage to the rails until the points were reached - Mate!
A very sad chain of circumstances.

Interim report pub. 10/11/2004 :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/10_11_04_crash_hse_interim.pdf

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
Hows about you follow a car into box, straight ahead exit is clear no vehicle in sight ..
P

Or my favourite, where you follow a car onto the box, they then decide to stop with a massive gap between them and the car in front, thus leaving you half in the box.

traffic wardens are to be given powers to book vehicles

At the same time, can we give parking attendants powers to get f**ked right in the ear on a daily basis? :mad: Apart from when I see them craning an illegally parked Rolls Royce with a numberplate like "B16 BOY" onto the back of a low-loader in Central London with a hopping-mad wideboy shouting at them. That always cracks me up, and brightens the days of many. :LOL:

Back