Badly installed tiles

Thanks, everyone. I agree with Iwilldoit. Those squares that look like tiles underneath are the imprint from the back of the tile. I think he is also right that the movement in the chipboard is causing the issue along with a failure to use flexible tile adhesive.

Sponsored Links
Am very keen to put tiles again, so scraping off the adhesive, adding tile backer board and re-tiling. My concern is that this will lead to a difference in level with the floor in the bedroom. Is there a solution to this?

Sponsored Links
Am very keen to put tiles again, so scraping off the adhesive, adding tile backer board and re-tiling. My concern is that this will lead to a difference in level with the floor in the bedroom. Is there a solution to this?
First screw down the original floor better, then screw on the backer board to within an inch of its life :LOL: not sure if the backer will need a primer coat of something like this then use flexible adheasive - butter the back of the tile as well.
And no there is no other way and yes you will end up with a difference floor height.

Consider this -when you screw down the floor properly you may end up screwing through pipes or cable, then beings that its a bathroom you may need to get under there at some point for maintenance. I really would not put tiles down again. Good old lino - easily put down - easily changed if you get bored of it - warm to the feet. Same goes for plastic waterproof laminate although I am not sure if that can go straight onto your chipboard floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back