Bathroom Tiling

Yup, I'll second that.

I'm about to fit a new bath soon.

As the new bath is longer, wider and deeper plus double ended (and I'm 18+ stone!!), I'm going to fit a sheet of 18mm ply to spread the load across the floor rather than the current situation where the load is on the feet which are on one board.

Also, I'm going to fit stout timbers vertically to support all four corners and again under the encapsulated board underneath to give further support to the structure.

Not related to support, but to help keep bath water hotter longer, I'm going to stuff the voids with rockwool.

Sponsored Links
It's always a good idea to place a length of 2" or 3" inch thick timber under the back feet, and the same under the front feet.

This not only spreads the weight, but because the feet rest on the timber, not the floor, the legs are a lot shorter and more stable.

It's always a good idea to place a length of 2" or 3" inch thick timber under the back feet, and the same under the front feet.

This not only spreads the weight, but because the feet rest on the timber, not the floor, the legs are a lot shorter and more stable.

I like this idea and might do it once the plumber has gone. ;)

Sponsored Links

I like this idea and might do it once the plumber has gone. ;)

:rolleyes:

And your paying this bloke.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back