Sponsored Links
I know of about three who do

I also know one boiler man who has a PHD

but he is a sad old gadger who no one likes

:)

Thats gospel btw I really do, its in
something silly like politics or history I cannot remember

underwurlde said:
My job is a Product Engineer. I design safety critical products (for the medical industry), so I am fully aware of the safety implications. One could argue that 'boilers' is not my area of expertese and they'd be correct.
Andy

If you have a full time job with a reasonable salary I am surprised that you seem to want to do all your home repairs yourself.

Most people call the relevant expert for the product and relax themselves on the golf course or at the local restaurant.

Its usually only unemployed people who are forced to try to repair things themself as a result of lack of income.

Agile said:
underwurlde said:
My job is a Product Engineer. I design safety critical products (for the medical industry), so I am fully aware of the safety implications. One could argue that 'boilers' is not my area of expertese and they'd be correct.
Andy

If you have a full time job with a reasonable salary I am surprised that you seem to want to do all your home repairs yourself.

Most people call the relevant expert for the product and relax themselves on the golf course or at the local restaurant.

Its usually only unemployed people who are forced to try to repair things themself as a result of lack of income.

Or those who think that all "tradesmen" are moronic rip off merchants

:)

Sponsored Links

I repair all sorts of houshold items, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

And i am minted ;)

I think its the mindset of the person, not how much wonga he has got.

And a Grolsch & Bacardi and let me let you in on this new investment I've got :LOL:

gas4you said:
And a Grolsch & Bacardi and let me let you in on this new investment I've got :LOL:

dont tell me

buy shares in barcadi and grolsch

lmao

Agile said:

I'm longing to see the official statistics that underpin these statements. :D

So, how much would it have cost me to have gotten that lot 'professionally repaired'? 400 friggin quid? And I bet not one of those 'Professional Reqpair engineers' have a masters degree....

so what :?: :?: :?:
i can lash black iron till it makes your eyes water bonny lad

and repair anything that is on sale
and quite a few that are (supposedly) obsolete
who needs a f******g degree

and those that have don't shout about it :rolleyes:

underwurlde said:
...something that would cost less than £10 to make. (<- Don't argue the toss with me about this).
I think I will actually, since it will be an easy argument to win.

Manufacturing a PCB assembly doesn't cost as little as £10. Nowhere near.

Which goes to show that your qualifications haven't stopped you from making outrageous and clumsy statements.

Being an engineer, I simply think that the term 'Engineer' has become diluted. To become such for what I do I have had to gain an Honours Degree (I also went on to masters). Just from purely my point of view, seeing every Tom, Dick and Harry calling themselves 'Engineers'...

Don't argue the toss with me about this
Whatever, but if I had designed that board and they were in production, they would be built, tested, boxed and out the friggin door for less than a bloody tenner mate... I base that on the products that I have designed and are currently in production both here and China. If the argument is so easy to win then off you go.... Hopefully I can learn something...

Anyway, lot of anger coming out here for some strange reason. Perhaps you guys just don't like Electronics Engineers... :confused:

Andy

BTW, sorry about the spelling, I type very fast and didn't spot the 'Spell Check' button, thanks for pointing that out.

Perhaps you guys just don't like Electronics Engineers... icon_confused.gif

we don't give a flying :LOL: :LOL:
however we don;t like smart ar**es hoying supposed degrees about
plenty of people that post here have them, they just don't want to shout about it :rolleyes:

Nice attitude.

Interests: mlb3c&drink /cooking/learning yank

Says it all really. A response from a person I can really have respect for. BTW it's spelt with a 'w' not as 'yank', as you obviouly are...

Mr underwurlde..

I would never call myself a engineer. Nowdays in this rat race of ours we are called multiskilled Co-operative workers. We have to be the following

1. Electrical Testers
2. Gas safety policeman
3. H2O fixers
4. Engineering makers
5. Social workers
6. Caring
7. Fathers
8. Late night taxi drivers for the kids
9. flexible in more ways than one
10. Liers

All that and to think i left school at the age of 15 with no education at all.

Priceless

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back