Bay window support pole alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had double glazing fitted.
The bay window doesnt have support bay poles but instead a kind of bracket that goes from top to bottom externally. Is this a regular alternative if the bay poles and windows were mismeasured? Would have had to reduce window size to use the poles.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908_164200_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908_164200_Gallery.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 31
Doesn't really show anything, where's the bracket? All I see is a 135° corner with a corner cloaking trim which is normal, if a jacking pole was used it would be behind this trim, depending on how short this has been cut you might be able to see the jack at the bottom, fitted correctly the fitters would use a hole saw and cut the cill so the jack doesn't sit on the cill but rather on the brickwork

Sponsored Links
No, those type of roofs are fine, the bay isn't structural or forming part of the structure or supporting an upstairs bay
Mine is a cantilever concrete slab stretching from my front door all the way to my bay window on the side of my house. They are now putting a matching colour plastic round pipe with aluminium insert in to support it. Is that sufficient? Apparently the cantilever roof is not structural and does not need support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back