Belle PCX13/40 Wacker Plate - Should I buy for project?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I've got about 30sqm that is going to be taking something like 200 - 300mm of hardcore all in all to bring up levels.

Somebody local to me is selling a serviced PCX 13/40 for £650 - I'm thinking for that price, I could buy it and sell it later. I don't really want to hire because it's going to take me ages to get it spread, level, and compacted and I'd rather just work in my own time

Seems like a good bit of kit and suitable for fairly heavy duty work and the level of compaction I'm going to need, but there's not really any reviews or anything on the net?

Just after any thoughts

Sponsored Links
If it has the Honda engine then it could be a good buy!
Make sure it isn't an ex hire machine, and start it from cold......there should be no blue smoke at all.
Have you checked the new price? The punter here must reckon it's a good one.
John :)

It is a £1K+ machine. If it works ok, yeah, may be go for it, and then sell it on after.

Sponsored Links
It's a whacker plate, I imagine a lot of them start out as hire machines, but apart from running it without engine or gear oil, you can't really abuse it.

Price doesn't seem a mega bargain, but maybe that's the going rate

I agree, they can't be abused by the operator but if it's an ex hire machine it will have many many hours on it.......the hirers don't sell them on unless they are goosed.
Avoid fresh, thick paintwork!
There are hire firms and hire firms.....
John :)

From what I see, the hire companies like to have fresh machines (of all types), they buy them new at the lowest price, make plenty money hiring them, then flog them at say 3-5yrs old whilst they still look presentable.

My little 65kg waker was ex-hire a few owners before me, and I've had it over 10yrs now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back