Best wagner for home use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have my large rear fence to paint and whole house to decorate at somepoint and wanting to get myself a decent paint sprayer. The fence usually takes ages so of can save some time it will be worth it as usually dred it.

I have seen the wagners seem to have a great reputation, I have noticed some seem to be just the sprayer and bottle and electric and some have the spray gun attached to a air pump etc they seem to do a quicker job and seem better for bigger jobs.

Do many if you use these to spray ceiling and walls ? I imagine would all have to he same colour if did this due to overspray, and lastly what one do you recommend?

Was looking at wagner universal sprayer w 690 flexio .

Thanks dean

Sponsored Links
You want an airless not hvlp.
Hvlp is ok for woodwork and fence but slow going.
Not really for walls and ceilings

Hvlp is ok for woodwork and fence but slow going.
I have the 690 flexio and usually throttle it down to minimum output to use. Personally, I wouldn't bother with spraying unless for a special use in a sealed off area. Overspray goes everywhere, and if you're outside will blow a long way....I have never dared use it on a fence.

The airless ones are quite expensive so don't want to invest a lot of money incase don't like it or like the results, do you use the sprayers for home wall painting ?

I was wanting to get a one for £100-200 and wanting a wagner so that one seemed to fit the bill. Unless I just get the wagner fence and decking sprayer that is only £65 and only do fence and use roller and brush for house just didn't know of the wagner 690 flexio would be better as able to do fence and walls. What you think , you think y9u would be able to do walls with a help.

Thanks dean

Sponsored Links
It'll easily do walls, as long as you're in a sealed room with PPE... I've used it for spraying windows and doors I've made inside a polythene tent

It'll easily do walls, as long as you're in a sealed room with PPE... I've used it for spraying windows and doors I've made inside a polythene tent
Have you done walls at all with this ? Only trouble is you would have to do ceiling and walls same colour as overspray would go onto walls. Think I will stick with roller and brush for house and get the one for 65 pound just for fence and shed as don't think we would spray house.

Thanks so much for you help.have you used the one designed for fence ?
Dean

As per @Wayners advice... HVLP is great for thinner materials. I have an old Fuji HVLP. Over the years, I have spent about £800 on it (longer hoses, non-bleed guns etc), but it is not suitable for spraying emulsion. You need an airless for emulsion and preferably one with a lance extension for ceilings.

There are 5 stage HVLP units that will spray emulsion with ease but HVLP systems tend to use a gun with a pot (often 500ml). You have the weight of the gun, plus the thicker air hoses, to deal with, plus the need to refill the pot). Many airless systems have thinner hoses and suck the paint directly out of the tin.

I have used a haupon tm-71 with the 3.5mm nozzle spraying cuprinol duck back.
You have to fill it up ever 6 to 10 mins which is 2 fence panels.
Works ok.
Mask up posts. Roller and brush top of fence so you don't spray in the wind.
I've also used my gx21 airless which Is much faster and you can drop hose in 10lt tub.

One panel takes about 1 minute

HVLP is great for thinner materials
The flexio I have will spray undiluted water based wood paints and emulsion no problem. I have mainly used it for Teknos aquatop and primer which is designed for spraying. I did try some johnsons eggshell and it sprayed but was very orange peely.

The flexio I have will spray undiluted water based wood paints and emulsion no problem. I have mainly used it for Teknos aquatop and primer which is designed for spraying. I did try some johnsons eggshell and it sprayed but was very orange peely.
Thanks for the heads up.

Perhaps I need to buy the biggest flow needle and head for my fuji- but that is gonna cost about £75

Like I say I may just get the fence sprayer that is a hvlp and stick to using roller and brushes at home as we always do ceilings pure white and walls off white so would be a nightmare and end up with overspray.

Plus In house when normally paint we wouldn't have a completely clear room and would have to mask off furniture and all sorts. Spraying airless does seem so much easier it's just don't know of practical for me to do in a family home that isn't clear and empty. So a help may work fone for the fence for cuprinol rucksack watered down.

Dean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back