Boiler Replacement

Its the sellers responsibility to fix any defect in the heating system discovered up to 5 days after the completion date.

Is this the Law in Scotland? Sounds a good idea, but who decides whether the problem found by the purchaser is a "feature" or a "defect"?

Indeed it is, you have 5 days to report any problems with the CH/hot water system. I wouldn't have thought there is much debate about whether the problem is a defect or a feature but I guess a couple of independant plumbers opinions would soon settle the matter.

i dont believe its actually "law" but its written into the missives and 5 days is the generally accepted time for reporting a defect between solicitors.

Sponsored Links
Well, so much for requiring replacement!

DP kindly came over and had a look, and had my flat lovely and toasty in no time. Am so grateful you would not believe - the man is a legend!

Thanks DP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back