Bosch classicxx doesn't stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought this machine secondhand as my Beko had packed up. It completes the washing cycle but goes on running, the 'no water' light comes on and if you turn it off and wait to get the door open the cycle has finished successfully but the count down has stopped and the machine goes on running.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Peter.

Sponsored Links
Replaced hose and pressed reset umpteen times. It washes, goes through the cycle but when the timer gets down to about 15 minutes it stops counting and the 'no water' light comes on and it is empty. Goes on running The contents have been washed but not very well. Goes on running until you turn it off.

Sorry, silly question, but is this a dishwasher, or a washing machine?
The Classixx range includes both! :)

Sponsored Links
Have you tried tipping the machine backwards (it may need to tip almost onto it's back, towels may be handy if there is any water inside) - sometimes a small leak can fill a tray at the bottom of the machine, triggering the anti-leak cycle; possibly keeping the pump running indefinitely.

I have had the tray out and yes, it was full of water coming from a leaking water heater. We have our own water supply which is very acidic and it appears to have eaten through the tube. I have ordered a new heater but am just hoping the fault has not damaged the electronics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back