Brexit conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Serious question.
I'm taking my son to the Monaco Grand Prix on 26th May. We will be flying home from Nice airport after the race. Apart from the rip-off prices, I'm expecting restaurants and bars in Monaco and Nice will be ram packed at that time so I plan to pre-book airport lounge access and go straight to the airport to take advantage of the unlimited food and booze. Problem is, there's two classes of lounge: Shengen and non-Shengen travellers. As a UK resident and passport holder, what will I be on May 26th?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Obviously non-Schengen, same as you are now, except that if May's shambolic appeasement of the Brextremists has tipped us over the "no deal" precipice, you will have to take the "other passports" queue, with the Somalis and Palestinians.

You will probably need a Visa to enter the EU if UK is no longer a member, and remember your travel insurance as your EHIC will be invalid.

I never thought I’d say it but let’s hope for a delayed Brexit. End of June will do me fine as we're off to Spain three days after I come back.

Last edited:
All booked. :D For just over £50 for the pair of us, I’ve booked the Canopy VIP lounge at Nice airport. Free food, free booze, as much as we want in comfort for 3 hours before our flight. We'd have been lucky to get a couple of burgers and a beer each for that in Monaco! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back