Bricks and rubble under a driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get a driveway built, The drive is on a slope and I would need to fill the space with a lot of hard-core. I was speaking to someone and they said, I could dump some old bricks to fill some of the gap. Could I do that? Would this make the drive sit in future? We are talking about filling 3-5 feet. I need to knock a wall out, was wondering could I dump the old bricks in this place.

Sponsored Links
yes mate the bricks will count for hard core so put then in.makes sure you smash them uo tho

Thanks.

The drive currently is lawned, I wouldn't need to dig up the lawn? I could just dump the bricks straight on top.

Sponsored Links
I need to get a driveway built, The drive is on a slope and I would need to fill the space with a lot of hard-core. I was speaking to someone and they said, I could dump some old bricks to fill some of the gap. Could I do that? Would this make the drive sit in future? We are talking about filling 3-5 feet. I need to knock a wall out, was wondering could I dump the old bricks in this place.

Any sulphate free hard core will do.

Remove any fertile or growing matter prior to laying hard core. This means dig off any dark soil usually the top 12" or so.

If you are making up 3-5 feet then you can dump some seriously large pieces of masonry down at low level.

Try and fill all voids.

You will need to compact in layers.

just take the grass up so it stops it growin thou your drive.

mutley.gif

Know what nose, providing you could have kept up, think I would have been happy to have done a few shifts with you years ago.
old un. :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back