Brushed and Matt Lacquered engineered wood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again, I'm in the process of putting down my floor.
Its a Brushed and Matt Lacquered engineered wooden floor. I think its a bit dull to look at, perhaps I should have picked something with a bit more of a sheen finish, too late now.
I had a wooded floor down before and I used Astonish floor polish on it and it turned out great.

I'm wondering if i could used something like that on this new floor, to put a wee shine on it and give it a lift?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Theres no reason why a suitable polish shouldn't work, but surfaces can be too shiny imo.

Theres no reason why a suitable polish shouldn't work, but surfaces can be too shiny imo.
Thank you, yes, your right but I think I might like it with a wee bit more of a sheen.

Thanks for takong the time to answer.

You won't be able to coat or polish up a Lacquered Engineered Wood Floor. The finishing coat is a protective matt sheen layer above the wood surface. Only way to change the finish would be to sand off the protective coating which will be a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
We have the same floor in all our rooms apart from the bathroom and kitchen. We love it. After some months you might appreciate the dullness. Shiny floors show up dirt and dust.

We have the same floor in all our rooms apart from the bathroom and kitchen. We love it. After some months you might appreciate the dullness. Shiny floors show up dirt and dust.
Well, that’s a thought, good tip, thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back