Build over agreement rejected

Sponsored Links
It's 3 metres down...
Around here people just build over without any agreement and TW has not taken any action against them that I know of, and I've seen hundreds of such extensions.
Not saying you should just build over...
I'm sure it's a regular occurrence around here too, I do wonder how they get building regs to sign it off without build over approval though

Sponsored Links
It's not a regular occurrence, it's just Johnny spouting some of his legendary BS.
It may not be a regular occurrence, but it can happen.
There's more to the story than this, but around my way (with enough righteous indignation), some people seem to have gotten away with it. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's a regular occurrence around here too, I do wonder how they get building regs to sign it off without build over approval though
Building control don't get involved with build over agreements.
As long as they see means of rodding the pipes they're ok with it.

It may not be a regular occurrence, but it can happen.
There's more to the story than this, but around my way (with enough righteous indignation), some people seem to have gotten away with it. :rolleyes:

That is a water main.

That is very cheap for the size of your extension. Does the piling cover the whole (wall foundations) footprint.?
It does, yes. I'm fairly sure that the company is trustworthy as they've come recommended by several unrelated sources. Looks like we're not going to be able to do it anyway though

Are there precedents from neighbours with a similar extension?
There are several extensions already built within 3m of it, possibly over it but I don't know the exact route it takes beyond my boundary, but they were all built before 2011 when I don't believe you need a build over agreement.

Even I have an existing single storey extension built within 1m of it that the plan was to knock down and replace with a two storey extension

Absolute rubbish, they won't give you BC sign off without an approved BO.
I probably built over 100 extensions and never been asked for build over agreement.
On reply to the application they mention it as well as party wall agreement if applicable, but never been asked for proof of either.
Are councils in west London more forgiving?
Don't know, but in my experience anything that doesn't concern them, even mistakes that could cost dear to the landlord doesn't come in the equation.
In other words, they don't care if one has built over a sewage without permission from Thames water and then asked to redirect the pipes or demolish the extension.
Their certificate is not an admission of liability, in fact, they have no liability whatsoever even if the extension collapses next day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back