Can you get a shock from a 230v supply?

I found this highly amusing quote from the IET website, sort of sums it up really:
david911cockburn said:
I've described the 17th Edition as dangerous because it fails to comply with the 16th Edition
:LOL:
To be fair Cockburn may have a point.

If the 17th doesn't comply with the 16th and the 16th was written to ensure safety and was accepted as such then there are two possible conclusions.

[1] the 16th did not ensure safety and the 17th might ensure safety,

[2] the 16th did ensure safety and the 17th may not ensure safety,

And even if he is totally wrong the process of proving him wrong could be beneficial to the understanding of what is safe, what isn't safe and what appears to be safe as it complies with rules 16th or 17th which appear to contradict each other in some places.

Now looking at the 14th I feel...........

Sponsored Links
I'll go with no 3
[3] The 16th was safe, the 17th is just as safe if not safer.

And even if he is totally wrong the process of proving him wrong could be beneficial..........
You can't - at least not to his satisfaction.

As far as everyone else goes, they already know he is wrong.

There is no possible dialogue with him which could be beneficial.

Sponsored Links
I asked for the Viz annual for Xmas but Amazon had sold out so I got one of these books instead.

The jokes are funnier but a Viz annual is a longer read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back