Can't repressurise Baxi Combi 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After removing (and replacing) a radiator the pressure on the dial on the boiler has fallen to zero.

I've tried the two taps on the right hand side at the bottom (that are connected to the flexible pipe) and nothing happens. There is a screw on the flexible pipe which I guess controls the valve and I have tried it both fully in and out.

There is no noise of refilling and the dial stays at zero. Do I need to do something with the screw on the automatic air vent thing?

Any suggestions will be very gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Make sure the screw is tight :!: . Its a test point for the double check valve.

What sort of taps are they. Sometimes the multi-turn traditional valves jam up on their threads so although they will turn the washer does not lift of the seat. Image would be useful.

Usually what you have done is all that is needed, nothing to do with the auto air valve.

Check further down the cold mains pipe for another shut off valve, or you need to check the filling loop valves for blockages, especially in the non-return valve end.

Sponsored Links
hi-spec plumbing heating said:
the taps on the filling loop are plastic check that the valve is moving and not just the plastic handle.

Forgot that one, even though it has happened to me loads of times :oops:

The taps are those black plastic ones that you turn 90 degrees. I'll try and find a photo on the net of similar ones.

If I have a hot tap on (kitchen sink) the pump switches on etc and if I turn the left hand stop valve (which connects to the hot water inlet I think) then the water stops coming out of the tap and the pump stops. This seems to be unaffected by the position on the right hand side stop valve which seems a bit strange.

Forgot that as well.

Take out the small pozi screws and use a small spanner or pliers to turn the valves.

At 8 and a bit doesn't take many of these to forget :)

Might be a bit difficult to remove the screws as the previous owner has put a cupboard round the boiler so I can't get a screwdriver in!

Hope there's some other cause otherwise some dismantling of kitchen may be required!

Took the covers off and tested, they are turning the valves fine (certainly the external parts of it.

Must be something obvious I am doing wrong.

lukeas said:
are turning the valves fine

Valves are open when in-line with the pipe.

Have you turned off the cold feed to the boiler? ... or the mains cold to the property?

i had this same problem once. .

water was present at the filling loop but not getting into the system.

i removed the double check valve and the pipe was blocked with crud.

poked it all out and flushed the system and it was sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back