CH now not working again after new batteries fitted in thermostat

Oh you had to use the L word didn't you.. One of the naysayers from the EV worth thread will be along shortly to advise on how the house is due to burn down imminently
It's only got an energy capacity of 5kJ; less than an alkaline AAA battery - hardly the 360MJ in a Tesla battery.
I'm not sure even Nutjob could argue against having that on his wall! ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm sure they'd find a way for the fire to work its way along the call cable and into the gas boiler

Rather strangely, Duracell AA batteries are not quite the same dimensions as the industry standard and in some devices sometimes do not make good contact.

I like to scrub connections with a clean toothbrush to remove any tarnish.

For disposable alkaline batteries, "Which" tests found the very best was Aldi Activ Energy at £2.59. Almost as good was Panasonic Evolta Neo AA at £5.63, then Varta Longlife Power AA at £4.

Years ago, Duracell built a good reputation and advertise very heavily. But they are not now the market leader.

Lithium batteries are more powerful and much more expensive, but can be worthwhile in high drain devices such as cameras

Currently testing a pack of lithium rechargeable batteries - their charged output voltage is 1.5 rather than the usual 1.2 for NiCads so usable in all sorts of low-drain devices. 2 Drayton Wiser wifi TRVs and a chip-reading catflap running on them at the mo, been running since Oct 1, all still showing 1.5v / full charge (on the app).
@SUNRAY will be trying them on the Sennheiser radiomics next year if they do OK

Sponsored Links
The battery in the Nest Gen 3 is a bit useless, first year fitted, I needed some plumbing changes, and was asked to turn off the central heating night before so it was cold for him to work on, which I did.

However when turning back on, the battery was discharged, and the thermostat would not turn on the heating for around half hour, and can't really work out, why the battery is fitted to start with? As clearly if you loose mains supply boiler will not run anyway. So all the battery does is delay restart when power has been lost.

It seems there is an option to power off USB but this means in the main two independent 230 volt supplies to the central heating, not really a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back