Change tap washer but can't stop water flow.

It would be cheaper to buy a stopcock key.
And less disastrous too probably.

Sponsored Links
Better still to find the proper one when he's not looking.

in all my plumbing life experience, i never had to turn water off at the street or pavement side. What type of key it is and weather they are all the same I don't know, will it fit his mains stopcock presumably somewhere on the pavement close to his front garden fence.

Sponsored Links
My work here is done. Get used to it Mr90. You've spent a long time slagging off professionals and now it's time to absorb some of the crap you dish out.

in all my plumbing life experience, i never had to turn water off at the street or pavement side. What type of key it is and weather they are all the same I don't know, will it fit his mains stopcock presumably somewhere on the pavement close to his front garden fence.

Find it, prise the flap open, dig all the cr*p out, probably down to arms length or more.. It might be a square one which is a quarter turn, or it will have a tap handle and need turning off like a normal stopcock.

u cant freeze running water...

or have i misread something.

You have just a bit, no the water is now completely stopped leaking altogether using a rubber attachment, like the one you would use to connect your garden hoze with, or sometimes in the old days you could connect your washing machine water filling pipes to the kitchen sink if you lived back in the 70s, many houses did not cater for a dedicated washing machines water supply.

So yes I thought about that, one cannot freeze running water! yes but thanks.

i mean.. at all.. even a tiny drip will stop it freezing.. unless you have a metric crapton of gas... which isnt cheap.

i mean.. at all.. even a tiny drip will stop it freezing.. unless you have a metric crapton of gas... which isnt cheap.

I could't see any drips, or any other squirts after I had it all tightened up and wired up so it don't slip out of the tap spout,

OK so I understand even a small amount of drips will cause it not freeze properly, but do you have any idea how many times can I use this application, is it just one time only ? or can it be used several times?

clarify as to can you use this kit another time if required? or will the stuff in the spray can be all gone on just one application or one job?

Any way here is the wing nut rubber fitting that slips on the tap spout andn then to this is attached a second fitting that I will post a second link from Ebay

the first one is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TAP-H...denEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item20ce2bba65

and this is the two way garden hose splitter with taps which is screwed to the first fitting with the wing nuts, and on top of this the whole assembly together is wired up tightly so that it won't slip out from the tap spout. See item No 9.

Sorry I don't know the technology required to shorten these links! crazy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garden-Ho...uipment_HandTools_SM&var=&hash=item256e93b298

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
there is a specific way of calculating the amount of gas needed to freeze a pipe of x material and x diameter.

Personally I use the whole damn thing every time, because the moment you open that tap to check if its frozen and you didn't use enough, all that gas is wasted and you have to start from scratch. half empty tins are useless to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back