Chase Debit Card

Are the two accounts attached, as in when you apply for opening one, it opens the other along with it? Or is it three accounts?

I began opening an account with them, but let it expire when someone said you only get interest on the extra account and the only way to put money in that account was using the roundup option.
I think you can’t have a savings account unless you have a current account so yes, you have to get the current account first, then open a savings account.

"Saving for a new car, house, or special occasion? Bank with us and you can open a Chase saver account – you’ll earn 1.5% AER (1.49% gross) variable interest daily, and we’ll pay it monthly.

With instant access to your money, no minimum opening balance, and no fees from us to worry about, saving just got even more interesting".

Sponsored Links
OK, I have set things up, received my card and I now have two accounts, one a savings account.

Each account has a different number, as you'd expect.

But what I need to know is which account is the card linked to?

I would guess the card is linked to the non-savings account.

Without loading up both and going out to buy something, I'm not sure.

Does anyone know?

OK, I have set things up, received my card and I now have two accounts, one a savings account.

Each account has a different number, as you'd expect.

But what I need to know is which account is the card linked to?

I would guess the card is linked to the non-savings account.

Without loading up both and going out to buy something, I'm not sure.

Does anyone know?

You can only spend on the non-savings account. To top that up, you need to transfer money into that account from elsewhere or from the savings account. I’m going to pay my hotel bill on it when I check out this morning so I will need to transfer some money from my savings account.

Its no different from my Barclays debit and savings account - I can’t spend directly from my savings account, I must transfer funds into my main, non-savings bank account.

The only slight problem I had was when I arrived and they wanted a card on record to link to my room - they couldn’t link the Chase card as it has no numbers on it. I gave them my Monzo card but will pay with my Chase card.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Have you ever paid contactless with it?

Or linked it to your phone and used the phone to pay?

Maybe I shall load up the non-savings account and go out and try it.

I have never used a phone to pay before!

Thanks.

Have you ever paid contactless with it?

Or linked it to your phone and used the phone to pay?

Maybe I shall load up the non-savings account and go out and try it.

I have never used a phone to pay before!
Not used it contactless yet but most cards have to first be used with the pin to activate the contactless. I rarely carry cards with me - I use my phone for most of my cards.

image.jpg

I rarely carry cards with me - I use my phone for most of my cards.

I carry phone and usually cards as well, luckily. A few weeks ago I went round Lidl collected a pile of groceries, got to the till only to find their tills would not accept contactless due to an issue - phones only work contactless. I thought I had left my wallet and cards at home. All they could offer was restocking everything, or storing the items whilst I went all the way home for my cards, luckily I found I had my wallet after all.

I have also known their be the odd contactless transaction to fail, on the phone, with one bank, so handy to have additional bank cards on the phone just in case.

I went round Lidl collected a pile of groceries, got to the till only to find their tills would not accept contactless due to an issue - phones only work contactless.
My potentilal daughter in law had the problem in lidl but my son reckonned he just had it the first time he tried to use it. :) That may be because he talked her into having a Chase account. They both pay by phone. Me personally would like a card as well.

You need the app to approve online payments.
I've had my account for about 3 months. I tend to use it for all my transactions now.

Sponsored Links
Back