Cheaper alternative to Dulux Weathershield?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've found Dulux Weathershield satin in a light-ish green ("Fresh Sage") excellent for the front and garage doors and some other surfaces at the house I bought five years ago. But it was always expensive at £26 for 750ml and is now £33 for that size at B&Q, and seemingly about the same elsewhere. To add insult to injury, Dulux seem to have dropped Fresh Sage and the closest now - "Green Glade" - is definitely not a match. With some large wooden planters to paint, I'm resigned to doing them and all other relevant surfaces in a matching shade. But are there any recommendations for less expensive alternatives? Johnstone's Trade Stormshield Flexible Satin perhaps? Accepting that it's supposed to be used with Johnstone's Trade Stormshield Flexible Primer Undercoat. Views welcome.

Sponsored Links
Can be mixed to fresh sage in Dulux so only discontinued off the shelf.

Sponsored Links
Get a colour match in albany exterior.
Probably not much cheaper..
Mixed will always be more money than off the shelf.
Paint is not a cheap product

Indeed Wayners. However I've found that B&Q sell 2.5 litres of the new shade for £50, which is a much better per-litre price. Also going to check out a Sandtex paint at Wickes which may be a better colour match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back