Chint

Sponsored Links
I'm sure they're just fine. Chint make a lot more than just cheap domestic CUs - they have a large range of timers, contactors, switchgear, TP MCBs, etc, and as far as I'm aware, they are used quite regularly by panel builders. I know we certainly have a few panels at work with Chint internals, and no problems to speak of as yet.

havent got a problem with them, seeing as mk now make carp and wylex group can pump out defective breakers for two years I cant see any issue.

I know we certainly have a few panels at work with Chint internals, and no problems to speak of as yet.
You haven't got a fork busbar you could check the dimensions of, have you?

The only reason I ask is that after I posted, I had the brilliant idea of searching here for chint busbar, not just chint, and found this:

The busbars and neutral links are too small.

Sponsored Links
Not being a sparky, I am not 100% sure what exactly you are interested in but have a chint CU installed last year. No problems so far. Can check the dimensions of the fork busbar for you tomorrow, perhaps you'll have to tell me what exactly you are looking for - the overall dimensions, space between the "teeth", something else.

Thanks!

busbardimensions.jpg

Will do. Check the topic tomorrow evening, the CU is in another house, I'll be there tomorrow.

Or - basically I just want some fork-type insulated 1P busbar, min 16mm², available in 1m lengths, e.g. Eaton Mem MB1F, Schrack BS900181 or BS900142, Europa Components BB1PF80/1000, so suggestions from anybody of any other known makes would be useful.

Working through the likely suspects - Siemens (5ST3701 now obsolete :( ), M-G, Hager...

A lot of pin-types out there, few fork-type.

Sounds a silly question, but what do you want a metre-long busbar for?

And why a forked 'bar? Have you found a boxful of Chint breakers in the middle of the A40?

My CU has a pin-type busbar, I believe. This is the spare one. Just to be sure, I checked the CU, too - they are the same.

If the dimensions are of any interest:
- the hight of the teeth is 15 mm
- the width is 5 mm at the wider part (bottom) and 3 mm at the narrow (top)
- space between teeth - 18 mm centers

Can make a picture with the dimensions if necessary.

Sounds a silly question, but what do you want a metre-long busbar for?
I will be cutting it.

And why a forked 'bar?
I'd prefer it to a pin one going into the tunnels further to the back.

t248691.jpg

Have you found a boxful of Chint breakers in the middle of the A40?
I missed them - is that where you dropped them? Maybe they're still there. Whereabouts? 'tis a fair old stretch from London to Fishguard....

I know we certainly have a few panels at work with Chint internals, and no problems to speak of as yet.
You haven't got a fork busbar you could check the dimensions of, have you?

Hopefully vv2806 has it covered. I'm pretty sure we don't have any spare kicking about to measure, and it would be a bit of a pain to go about removing any.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back