Combined Switched FCU/1G Switched Socket in a Weatherproof Hinged Enclosure

Nope !! Sorry @SUNRAY I'm not gonna buy summat then have to faff about painting it, then repainting it when it starts to fall off.....rinse and repeat :LOL: :LOL: Tbh I was thinking about going down that route but then I remembered what a bone-idle git I am. :unsure: Thanks for the suggestion though. I think I'm gonna get two 1G units from Knightsbridge's range as they do look quite nice and not too obtrusive. They will be in full view once fitted, hence why I'm being a bit particular re: how they look............errrr read that as SWMBO wants them to look OK ;)
Nope, it's my life, too!

Generally, when I want a direct, identical replacement, it's not available. But when I want something different and new, I can only find the same old designs.
Lol, I bet we're far from the only people who suffer from that @securespark :rolleyes:

Thanks again lads (y)

Sponsored Links
Did you look at the tall one in post#9.

It was a while ago I worked on one, all I did was move the plates around to accomodate a wallwart, I can't truly remember but I think the unswitched socket was a Euro module in a standard 1G plate. In which case it should be feasible to fit 2 in there and may require cutting one of the blanks down.

The listing you have linked to is misleading. It doesn't directly take grid modules at all. It takes a "double" sized accessory.

Be aware that Scholmore click have three different modular systems. "Minigrid", "GridPro" and "New media".
"Minigrid" and "Gridpro" are click-specific, and the ranges do not include 13A sockets.

"New-media" are "standard"* "Euro modules", and the new media range does include 13A sockets (as well as several other types).

Unfortunately, a 13A socket, two switches and a fuse adds up to 5 modules, and a Euro module double plate only accepts four modules.

So basically if you want to build a combined socket and FCU out of Euro modules and fit it on a "double" plate you have to give up switching on either the socket or the FCU.

What you really want IMO is an enclosure designed to accomodate two single accessories. Unfortunately few manufactuers seem to make those, I did find one but it's light grey. https://www.electricals247.co.uk/enterna-outdoor-enclosure-box-2-x-1-gang-dual-waterproof-35178/

*If anyone can actually find a standard for the bloody things do let me know.
Why would he need two switches? One switch feeding the socket through the fuse and all in the space of four modules.

Ta Da!!

This thread stirred something in my memory and got me searching in my box of "might be useful, one day!!!!)

this euromodules sized socket with switch came from a twin socket that I picked up at a car boot years ago. I think it may have been intended for use in a caravan. Yhe writing on the back says "made in UAE"

edit:: the range aapears to be Edison Elite and is made in the UAE as i said

1721997760636.jpeg

its looking crap as i tried painting it as I wanted a black faceplate!

it is euromodule size but doesnt clip in like normal euromodules (the back plate/fascia was different to a standard euro faceplate) so i glued it in.

if the op thinks he can get it out of the old faceplate without breaking it he is welcome to have it for the postage cost

Attachments

• 20240726_131307.jpg
    20240726_131307.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240726_131322.jpg
    20240726_131322.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240726_133256.jpg
    20240726_133256.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Did you look at the tall one in post#9.

It was a while ago I worked on one, all I did was move the plates around to accomodate a wallwart, I can't truly remember but I think the unswitched socket was a Euro module in a standard 1G plate. In which case it should be feasible to fit 2 in there and may require cutting one of the blanks down.
Yes I did @SUNRAY & like you, I was thinking along the same lines. I know a sparkie through my builder mate and he's got an account at the local CEF so I might ask him if he's ever fitted one, or see if they'll let him have one "on approval" so to speak to see if the two bits I require will ctually fit in there. Nice spot (y)
Ta Da!!

This thread stirred something in my memory and got me searching in my box of "might be useful, one day!!!!)

this euromodules sized socket with switch came from a twin socket that I picked up at a car boot years ago. I think it may have been intended for use in a caravan. Yhe writing on the back says "made in UAE"

edit:: the range aapears to be Edison Elite and is made in the UAE as i said

View attachment 350337

its looking crap as i tried painting it as I wanted a black faceplate!

it is euromodule size but doesnt clip in like normal euromodules (the back plate/fascia was different to a standard euro faceplate) so i glued it in.

if the op thinks he can get it out of the old faceplate without breaking it he is welcome to have it for the postage cost
Good find @Sureitsoff? :giggle:. I'll pass on the offer however as you can be certain I'd wreck it my with my ham-fistedness :LOL:. Delicateness and me just don't go together unfortunately. :rolleyes: Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back