Compact boiler to replace Potterton Suprima 50L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have the above boiler which needs a replacement fan. Currently still working but making a noise due to the fan.

I'm told by the gas engineer that the part is now obsolete and therefore he cant get hold of one.

I'm also told he cant find a new boiler that would fit in the existing kitchen cupboard where the potterton is.

The boiler is on an inner wall with the flue coming out at top, with a 90 degree bend and then out the outer wall on the left. Its a system with a hot water cylinder.

Are there no manufacturers who make compact boilers? Can anyone recommend a replacement?

I cant afford to relocate the boiler or to convert to combi.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
fan is still available potterton suprima 50l gc number 41-590-44
Part number is 5105946
proper price is coming on for 300 quid but plenty available on ebay for a lot less also exchange units

Sponsored Links
fan is still available potterton suprima 50l gc number 41-590-44
Part number is 5105946
proper price is coming on for 300 quid but plenty available on ebay for a lot less also exchange units
Gas "engineers" (I prefer "techician", engineers are degree qualified professionals) are all too keen to declare parts obsolete when their normal supplier of parts doesn't have them. They can't be bothered to search a bit harder. It's good that fans are still available for your boiler but, if you get one yourself, you may have trouble persuading your engineer to fit it

Viessman are small, especially the 100 compact which fits in a 400mm kitchen wall cabinet.

It is smaller than a combi and has fewer components so less to go wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back