Compressor oil - How much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picked up a brand new second hand SIP 25025 compressor. It's a few years old but has been stored in it's box. Needs to be filled with oil before first usage, but I've no idea how much. There's a plastic dipstick but no indicator as such, although there is a slightly slimmer bit right at the tip, maybe 10mm long? No clue in the manual. Can't find any info online.

How much oil should be used in a 25l compy on first fill?

Sponsored Links
should be some markings on it. ive got a sip 25litre ill have a look on mine over the weekend. dont overfill it as it can be a bit spectacular when it blows the oil out (done it before!)

Cheers T.

I've read that some have a window for viewing the oil level. Not this one though. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I fail to see the difficulty in adding the oil little by little, till the slimmer part of dipstick is covered, that being the correct level.

Wotan

JJ I have the manual. It just doesn't specify amount or where to stop adding oil. The download section on the sip site doesn't have my model, and the closest product match is an oil free model.

Wotan, Have done that, don't know for sure that the slimmer part is the oil level or not. There is another part near the top of the stick that has a fin sticking out. This could be an oil marker, or could just be for rigidity so the the plastic stick doesn't get bent. So I either fill to the bottom bit and risk having too little oil or fill to the fin bit and risk overfilling.

So far I've put in about 1/3 of a litre, which seems to be about 1cm up the stick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back