Concrete base shuttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Made a bit of a c**k up with my shed base.

It's at the side of my house with a boundary wall at the other side so th base was squeezed in.

I used wood on all sides and half way at its 6 meters so thought I'd put a expansion joint there.

Problem is I can't get the shuttering out. It's my fault as I over estimated the concrete and ended up pouring down the sides. Ive jackhammering the excess to try and pry it out but I can't shift the wood against the building. I've tried crowbars, drilling, bashing but it's splintering and not coming out.

If I can't get it all out in one piece will it affect the slab ( I did put dpm down). I've got some out, the middle section.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that so long as the house DPC isn’t breached, you’d be ok?
You could try a carefully controlled gas torch to char and splinter the timber? Don’t heat the concrete.
Is there a Second DPC going in later?

I used leverage to remove shuttering , small hole in the top and 4x2 in the hole over a short pile of bricks as a lever point , lifted 4’x 4’ sheets of osb out easily .

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Getting them out is damaging the concrete so I'm going to just do the side against the building and then put my expansion joint in.

I've attached a picture... Not the best concrete level I know... Never again.

Attachments

• PXL_20240829_181259202.jpg
    PXL_20240829_181259202.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 63
I agree with Harry. That wood will rot away pretty quickly, so if you've got a DPM in place, maybe just leave it be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back