Connecting 6mm SWA to 2.5mm T&E in an FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking at powering a small garden office with a spur using 13amp IP66 External FCU. I want to use 6mm SWA from the FCU to the garden office as the run will be 75 meters and I’m therefore concerned about voltage drop (though I will likely never draw above 9 amps). But I can’t find an FCU with terminals for 6mm and 2.5mm.

Anyone aware of any FCU’s that have adequate terminals or is their another way around this that won’t involve the addition of junction box?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. But where it says 1x 6mm cable, does that mean it can’t take a 2.5mm in addition?

Sponsored Links
The 6mm² and 2.5mm² would be in different terminals - 2.5mm² for the supply and 6mm² for the load.
Thanks. I was early reading the specs incorrectly and didn’t realise the terminal capacity was just referring to the load

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back