Connecting separate cooker and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Unfortunately I had a dry rot problem in my house which required my whole kitchen to come out for treatment. On re-fitting the kitchen I can't get the separate cooker and hob to work fully. I didn't have chance to get a picture of the wiring before the company doing the treatment removed it.
But here's the wiring diagram from the hob:

IMG_0645.jpg

There's 2 leads, one from the mains and one from the cooker.

I've tried various permutations with the live as follows:
Cooker - L1, Mains - L2 = 2 right hand rings on hob works, but 2 left hand rings or cooker doesn't
Cooker - L2, Mains - L1 = 2 left hand rings on hob works, but 2 right hand rings or cooker doesn't
Cooker and mains - L1 = 2 left hand rings on hob and cooker works, but not the right hand rings
Cooker and mains - L2 = 2 right hand rings on hob and cooker works, but not the left hand rings

I'd appreciate any advice on where I'm going wrong!

Many thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank you both and the annotated picture! Apologies I don't know what he copper bridge is! I've attached a photo as below which I think is following the diagram but no copper bridge and the 2 left hand side hobs work, not the right hand side.
6EC055D0-5AC5-49DD-965E-94B0954CE4A4.jpeg

There should be a copper link which connects together the two L terminals.

1721409669581.png

If you don't have one, just use a piece of the large size wire.

Thanks, yes I don't have one. Sorry, please bear with me, not sure what you mean when you say use a piece of the large size wire?

Thanks, yes I don't have one. Sorry, please bear with me, not sure what you mean when you say use a piece of the large size wire?
Usually the mains cable will be larger than the oven cable - but looking at the picture they look the same.

Sorry I was being thick! So as below and just use this to connect between the 2 live terminals?

15B29390-7D47-4E21-84D2-2F45703E26D5.jpeg

Sorry do you mean that I shouldn’t cut a piece off the red mains wire and use that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back