Corkscrewed Copper Pipe

How soon after the work was the photo taken ?

Was the pipe actually cut ?

Attachments

• 0x9.jpg
    0x9.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
It would need to be a very worn cutter for the blade wheel to be at an angle that resulted in a helical groove being impressed along a previously smooth pipe.

It is very common.It just needs a small chip in the blade or even some crud.

As per Dilly, it is poor maintenance, of which I am guilty. Which is why I have 2 in my bag waiting to be stripped and cleaned. Which will probably never happen, as the alternative is about a tenner for a new 15mm one

It is very common.It just needs a small chip in the blade or even some crud.

As per Dilly, it is poor maintenance, of which I am guilty. Which is why I have 2 in my bag waiting to be stripped and cleaned. Which will probably never happen, as the alternative is about a tenner for a new 15mm one

A.squirt with wd40 now and again works wonders :)

After reading the comments I went back to look at the photo thinking "How bad can it be?"
Ruddy `ell! Never seen one that bad! :confused:

Sponsored Links
How the he'll you get a pipe cutter to thread like that I don't know time for the bin plumber too you'd be better off using your teeth.Bob

How the he'll you get a pipe cutter to thread like that I don't know time for the bin plumber too you'd be better off using your teeth.Bob

It is very easy, Bof.

The question is WHY you would keep going, once the threading starts?

Never seen anything quite like that mullered pipe. Despite the fact that it may be weakened, some 'plumbers' obviously have no pride leaving a mess like that for the customer to see. It's what lies hidden below the surface that would worry me most.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back