Damp Proof Internal Window Reveal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have applied numerous anti damp paints to internal window reveal. Two weeks later bubbles appear in the emulsion applied on top. There is water coming in from outside. Can't find source. Is there anything to paint on inside wall to stop blisters?

Sponsored Links
Thank you Freddie, yes I'll may have to try that. Can't find where it's getting in. If anyone knows anything hardcore that I can paint on, please suggest.

Sponsored Links
Hello Freddie, I've used, Zinnser, then tried Dulux water blocker, then three coats of oil based undercoat. Each time, about two weeks later blisters appear. I've left adequate time between coats. Can't find where the water is getting in, hense need something extreme to block it coming through and blistering the paint. I've asked various decorating suppliers, who suggested the products I've used.
I'm hoping someone has had this issue and cured it with something other than the usual. I've used lighthouse masonry paint on a house where the owner has previously used many trade quality products, he kept getting peelage after 6 months (north Wales). Lighthouse paint has been a success. Thinking outside of the box solved that one.

Needs properly curing then, these bodgey products and primers only work up to a point as you realise.

Hi Freddie, yes. Just can't find out how it's getting in. Tried sealant, waterproofing around outside of window, repointed even, but can't find or stop ingress.

OP,
Why not post pics of the outside & the inside - show details & larger views?
Does the wall have a cavity?

DSC_1102.JPG
DSC_1100.JPG

This is two weeks after painting. Not home for a while, so no pics of outside. I think I'm going to have to get the outside wall rendered, as the rainfall in north Wales is higher than national average.

OP,
A few pics of the outside frame reveals & surround - and the elevation up to eaves height would help?

Sponsored Links
Back