Danfloss 103 model mechanical timer noisy ticking (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heya guys not sure if any of yous have encountered this or know what is causing it/how to fix. But my Danfloss 103 model in the house I've just moved into won't shut up. It's making this incredibly loud ticking sound and I can't figure out if there is anything that would stop it outside of replacing the unit itself.

Does anyone know what would be causing it and any possible fixes? Or is this something that will just need to be replaced?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
When you say "thermostat" do you mean a type 103 mechanical timer?

1727525673415.png

Which has an electric motor and a clockwork-like set of gears inside?

Ah yes my bad haha; it's making a very loud ticking sound constantly. Do you think it's because of the electric motor inside that you mentioned? Is it possible to replace that if so

Sponsored Links
Yes, no.

Just get a new one. You can get some very nice digital ones now, some incorporating a room stat.

Are the wires to the boiler easily accessible?

If you have elderly people or lots of visitors, there are still mechanical ones available which are very intuitive to operate. Digital controls often need an instruction book.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back