December 8th is rapidly approaching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dec 8th 1980

I can still vividly recall where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. It was the only time in my life I cried for somebody I didn't know.

Sponsored Links
:) I thought it might be dec 3 1980 in your case. Did you make a typo?

Wonder how his home town is going to deal with it this year. They will have just come out of tier 3.

Sponsored Links
Oh

there was some fella on the radio not to long ago , who was the doctor on duty at the trauma unit when he was rushed in

they took him in police car.

At the time whilst giving him heart massage the medical team did not know who he was , un-till they went through his jacket pockets

Romanians?

Now I'm more sure you made a typo

Sir Oswald Ernald Mosley, 6th Baronet (16 November 1896 – 3 December 1980) was a British politician who rose to fame in the 1920s as a Member of Parliament and later in the 1930s,

It's curious how some of his beliefs crop up now and again.

Now I'm more sure you made a typo

Sir Oswald Ernald Mosley, 6th Baronet (16 November 1896 – 3 December 1980) was a British politician who rose to fame in the 1920s as a Member of Parliament and later in the 1930s,

It's curious how some of his beliefs crop up now and again.

FFS it's the anniversary of John Lennons death, he was in a band, they were called 'The Beatles'.

Dec 8th 1980

I can still vividly recall where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. It was the only time in my life I cried for somebody I didn't know.
I shed a tear for Bowie...

Imo the greatest musician/entertainer ever...

But Lennon's spirit lives on thanks to Yoko's efforts in the most peaceful country in the world...

Lit every night from the date of his birthday to the date of his death...
(plenty of other Youtube links)

It is quite impressive close up!

Allegedly he was not nice to his first wife and ruthlessly made fun of disabled people.

He also claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.
Not a good idea. :(
Except that he was real...

Would rather listen to his music than the made up bovine excrement of the imaginary 'son of god'!

Sponsored Links
Back