Do not move sign

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1671650964625.png
Does it really need a do not move sign when it has no wheels and no over head crane?

Sponsored Links
the do not move in general means people working on or around this vehicle so take extra care do not touch or in short "do not move " it will be on a red background and a visual stop signal/light and can at night be backed up by a red light

Sponsored Links
Its good practice for everyone in the workplace to follow the same rules hence the missing do not move sign. Like a tag out or locking of breakers.

Well spotted, yes "Chattenden" 2'6" gauge or it would be if it had wheels. I had to watch a young girl cleaning the wheels on the other engine
1671692372131.png
she was not allowed to work on her own, and I can't use power tools due to vibration, so just wandering around the area which I would not normally enter.

Well spotted, yes "Chattenden" 2'6" gauge or it would be if it had wheels. I had to watch a young girl cleaning the wheels on the other engine View attachment 289894 she was not allowed to work on her own, and I can't use power tools due to vibration, so just wandering around the area which I would not normally enter.
H'mmm, you had one job Eric!

To be honest, we used to have a H&S guy and, if he found someone away from their position 'watching' someone', he would, quite rightly, go ballistic! Apparently, when he was a youngster he was supposed to be watching someone who was working in a storage tank, (enclosed spaces etc), and he wandered around. After a few minutes he came back to check and the guy was on the point of collapse.
"Scared the living daylights out of me", was his reaction.

My wandering around was while she went for a battery, not while she was working. In real terms they are more worried about me than her, she is a fit 17 year old, I am 70+ but anyone working with power tools needs some one around.

There's an old diesel parked in a pub car park at a fav pub of mine. Unsurprisingly it's at a pub full of railway memorabilia.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
There's an old diesel parked in a pub car park at a fav pub of mine. Unsurprisingly it's at a pub full of railway memorabilia.
37411 apparently:
Coincidentally, I have seen this go past my workplace (actually in one of the photos!) many times! :(

37411 apparently:
Coincidentally, I have seen this go past my workplace (actually in one of the photos!) many times! :(

Yes that's the one! Don't know how many railway anoraks there are on here so I left the reporting number out. Great set of pics, btw.

It's my father-in-law who sparked a bit of interest in me. He's been photographing diesel since 1979 and is a full-on 'spotter'.

Sponsored Links
Back